Science. Not Silence.
March for Science along Market Street in Philadelphia, one of more than 600 marches held around the world to protest the open disregard for facts by the current US government and to voice support for the scientific community.
Females are underrepresented in scientific fields:
- 35.2% of chemists are women;
- 11.1% of physicists and astronomers are women;
- 33.8% of environmental engineers are women;
- 22.7% of chemical engineers are women;
- 17.5% of civil, architectural, and sanitary engineers are women;
- 17.1% of industrial engineers are women;
- 10.7% of electrical or computer hardware engineers are women; and
- 7.9% of mechanical engineers are women.
Women make up half of the total U.S. college-educated workforce, but only 29% of the science and engineering workforce.